Daylight Operator's Training
17 August 2017
This event has been rescheduled to Thursday 24 August.
Learn to use our powerful dailies platform
Join us for this free one-day introduction to Daylight, the near-set grading system adopted by the world's leading facilities, studios and producers.
If you're new to Daylight, you can gain a better understanding of the system’s potential for handling complex and demanding projects; current users will benefit from the discussion about advanced features and implementation.
Our product specialists will cover techniques for using Daylight to manage media, sync audio, adjust and grade color, and render out your deliverables. You’ll hear, too, case studies from multiple productions where our clients have been using these tools to meet even the most demanding requirements - including 4K and HDR projects.
The afternoon will provide hands-on access to Daylight on individual laptops, where you'll have the chance to revisit the day's topics and ask questions related to your own projects.
- Setting up project templates
- Importing media
- Setting extensive metadata
- Applying CDLs and BLGs
- Syncing audio - automatically using timecode or manually
- Advanced techniques to manage color (with Truelight Color Spaces) and apply color correction
- Rendering media for multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Exporting stills, ALEs, CDLs, and generating reports
- Integration with other BLG-enabled FilmLight systems - including on-set color management tools, editing, VFX and finishing platforms
The event is free for all registered attendees, but space is limited, so please register early.
This course is an excellent introduction for on-set & lab operators, DITs, colorists, and DPs with a desire to use Daylight in production. Attendees should preferably have a knowledge of production workflows and color correction basics.
17 August 2017
1107 N El Centro Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90038