The filmlight.ltd.uk website is owned and operated by FilmLight Ltd.
The FilmLight name and logos are registered trademarks and may not be used without written permission.
All copyright, trademark rights, database rights, patent rights and any other intellectual property rights in text, graphics, audio, video or image files, content, software, data and information displayed on, or available from, filmlight.ltd.uk. This includes the organisation and layout of the sites and the underlying software that's owned by us or our licensors and suppliers.
These materials are available for your personal use only, and may not be copied, modified, altered, published, broadcasted, distributed, sold or transferred without our written permission.
FilmLight try to ensure that the content and information on filmlight.ltd.uk site is as accurate as possible.
When using the FilmLight website you will need to agree to the following terms and conditions:
- not to do anything which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on the sites;
- to be entirely responsible for and keep secret any password used by you;
- not to post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or otherwise unlawful or objectionable material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication;
- not to threaten, harass, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights of others, including individuals' privacy rights;
- not to make any unauthorised, false or fraudulent orders, bookings or request for services;
- not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the sites or any private or member account areas on the sites;
- not do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of FilmLight.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites, resources, advertisements or sponsorships either directly or through our contractual partners. When you leave the FilmLight website it means that we will not be responsible or liable for the content, advertising or products or services available from such sites or, for any dealings that you may have, or the consequences of such dealings, with the operators of those sites.
FilmLight ensure that all personal information collected is kept private and protected and follows the General Data Protection Regulation of 2016.
If you would like to contact us please visit Locations. This will give you contact details for all our offices worldwide, so if you have a general or customer-service related enquiry details can be submitted. Alternatively, use our Contact Form. When you use the contact form, we clearly state:
“Please tick the box if you'd like to receive FilmLight updates and information.”
We collect information you provide to us when visiting our Digital Properties, including your name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, employment information, social media handles, and any other information you choose to provide us. We may also collect this information when you visit us at a tradeshow or similar event, register for an event, purchase our products, or interact with us for any other purpose. We also collect information if you post content on our Digital Properties, such as through use of commenting features.
We keep your personal information so that we can contact you as part of our ongoing business relationship and to support you effectively as a customer. We also use this information to send emails to keep you up to date with our latest customer news, such as Case Studies and our popular Meet The Colourist Series, and to provide you with the latest information about our products and the events where you can catch up with us.
We do not store payment information entered into our Web Store – this data is handled securely by our payment processor FastSpring. FastSpring is based in the US but is committed to being fully GDPR compliant, as well as complying with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework; for more information, click here.
We use MailChimp to send email communications. MailChimp is also GDPR compliant and complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework; for more information, click here.
Please be aware that our website may contain links to other websites — these sites may have different privacy and security policies. FilmLight do not have any control over them, and take no responsibility for information distributed by them.
Your personal information will not be shared with other third parties, other than within our trusted reseller partner network, except:
- As required by law;
- If you're a prize winner; or
- If we explicitly tell you in advance that this information will be shared, as might be the case at a joint event or presentation with one of our industry partners.
Outside the EU
Countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by the General Data Protection Regulation. If it is necessary to transfer your data to a company based outside the EU (e.g. for the purpose of completing a contract for your benefit) then FilmLight will make every effort to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal data about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal data.
To exercise these rights, contact us at [email protected] or use our Contact Form. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
To opt-in, and specify your preferences for email communications, please click the links at the bottom of any of our email communications.